Temporary Work Permit

Canada is a country of opportunity for professionals, business people and companies.


Skilled workers and professionals can come to Canada and work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages, international transferees (International Agreements: NAFTA, etc), or to work under a special temporary worker category. (live-In caregivers, business people, etc).

Most of the time, you need to apply for a work permit from outside Canada. However, there are some cases that allow you to apply from inside Canada, or at the time of your arrival.

Certain categories of workers have their own requirements.

The general requirements are:

• Have a job offer from a Canadian employer;
• Complete an application showing that you legally meet the requirements;
• Have a written confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. (Positive labor market opinion);
• Satisfy a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit;
• Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada; and
• Be admissible to Canada; within other requirements.

*Note: Different criteria applies for Quebec Temporary Workers.
**A spouse, common-law partner, and family members might be eligible to come and stay with the temporary worker during his/her stay.

Not sure if you need or qualify for this type of visa?
Do you want to have more information?.
Contact us today!, and let us look after it for you!.

This post is also available in: French, Spanish